As we have discussed that models and item are essential part while we are doing implementation in Commerce cloud.
- Interceptor provides a way to interrupt the models during its life-cycle, while we need to do some modifications or validations in models.
- Every model has its own life cycle.
- In Every life cycle there are five stages:
- Create and Initialize
- During these 5 stages you can interrupt or modify the models explicitly using Interceptors.
Types Of Interceptor:
There are 5 types of interceptors according to their use listed below:
1. Init Defaults Interceptor:
- The Init Defaults Interceptor is called when a model is filled with its default values.
- You can create a model with one of the following methods:
- modelService.create method
- modelService.initDefaults method
When these methods are executed, Init Defaults Interceptor is called.
- You can use this interceptor to fill the model with additional default values, apart from the values defined in the
2. Prepare Interceptor:
- The Prepare Interceptor is called before a model is saved to the database before it is validated by Validate interceptors.
- Use this to add values to the model or modify existing ones before they are saved.
3. Validate Interceptor :
- The Validate Interceptor is called before a model is saved to the database after is been prepared by the Prepare interceptors, above.
- You can use Validate Interceptors to validate values of the model and raise an InterceptorException if any values are not valid.
4. Load Interceptor:
- The Load Interceptor is called when a model is being loaded from the database.
- If you want to change values of the model after loading from database You can use this Interceptor.
5. Remove Interceptor:
- The Remove Interceptor is called before a model is removed from the database. You can use this interceptor.
How to create Interceptors? Let’s See